( cut so I don't bore y'all )
ETA progress report!!!
- I was at this for something like six hours. I don't even feel tired, exhilarated rather. I'm sure it would be different if I had to do this for a living, but writing for six hours usually has me completely wiped even if I last that long. Doing music for six hours has me energized
. I wonder if that's a sign I'm in the wrong profession.
Joe has this thing where his lowest energy state is gaming. My lowest energy state is...okay, really it's lying in bed with a purring cat (if the cat deigns to come to me, haha), but the next lowest energy state is making music. Maybe it would also be different if I had to do this to a professional standard as opposed to screwing around (although I do try to improve!). But I don't think there was ever a point in my life where six hours straight (well, modulo food breaks) of writing would be energizing
(Writers on my reading list
[fanfic or other, either way], how do you feel about this? After six hours of writing, do you want to go back for more, or do you want to veg? Am I doing this completely wrong?)
- I can't tell whether it's the patches or Reaper or just my aging system that are buggy but my keyswitches were starting to misbehave after a few hours, which was the point at which I decided to call it a day. Like, if I can't hear the correct articulations then there's no point, you know? I have to judge the actual sound. Although it did give me a story idea, so not all is lost.
- Oh! Komplete 9 provided me with some basic cymbals and I put them in and right there and they sound ACES. =D
- Basic tempo mapping is surprisingly easy, although I record at 70 bpm (because of sixteenth notes vs. my laggy system) and then speed up to 100 bpm, and because I forgot to reset to the proper tempo, my export is borked. I'll fix it next time.
- Admittedly I would be more willing to reboot if it didn't take in excess of twenty minutes to load my project. *sigh*
- In case anyone was looking for a free Kontakt cello
--haven't experimented with it yet but will do so tomorrow. If it can do basic legato I'm set for a while. (I don't need virtuoso solo cello for a while.)